Double Chocolate Chip Whole Wheat Banana Bread
March 26, 2017 by Rebecca Ryan (Leave a Comment)
Please don’t judge. I know it’s been a while since my last post but I haven’t forgotten about you! I have still been on the scene but mainly on Instagram., which is a great place for other food porn addicts like myself! Yes, I’m admitting it to the world! My Instagram account is all food photos and I think I may have a problem! Is there a group for this? But seriously, looking at food photos gives me constant inspiration so maybe it’s not so shameful after all. Now that I’m writing this, I’m realizing that getting you to hop on over to the blog from Instagram might just be the best way for us to keep up with one another! What do you say?! Click that follow button!
This recipe was adapted from the Cookie and Kate website, a vegetarian website that I follow, yes, on Instagram, and she always has the most beautiful photos and delicious sounding creations. What caught my attention was the quick video she posted for this recipe. I immediately went to the blog and pinned it for a later date. (I love Pinterest!) I changed a few little things and ended up with a delicious, double chocolate (what??!!!) whole wheat banana bread. The kids also loved it but I think they would scarf down most anything as long as it contains chocolate! Here is the recipe with my adaptations. Enjoy!
- 1¾ cups organic whole wheat flour
- 2 organic eggs (room temp)
- 1 cup very ripe bananas, mashed (option, extra banana slices for topping)
- ½ cup organic coco powder
- ⅓ cup organic coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk (I used cashew milk but you can use any milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mash bananas in a separate bowl. Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil and then let cool.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla with the bananas and then add to dry ingredients.
- Add the coconut oil and combine. Last, add the chocolate chips.
- Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper and use a little bit of the coconut oil to grease the sides of the loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 mins. Let the banana bread rest for a while before slicing.